Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: DB2 9.5 Java error message

Default DB2 9.5 Java error message

PDI VersionKettle - Spoon version 3.2.0
    Build version : 3.2.0-GA
    Build date : 2009-05-12 08.45.26

Database: IBM DB2 V9.5

In the table output transformation. After I click the edit button, the Database Connection window appears.

The Test button returns a message box stating that the database connection was successful.

However, when I click the Explore button, a window is displayed with th following text:

Unable to retrieve database information because of an error
    DatabaseMetaData information is not known for server DB2/LINUXX8664SQL09050 by this version of JDBC driver
    And when I select the details button, the following text is displayed in another window:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Problem encountered getting information from the database: org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleDatabaseException:
    DatabaseMetaData information is not known for server DB2/LINUXX8664SQL09050 by this version of JDBC driver

at org.pentaho.di.ui.core.database.dialog.GetDatabaseInfoProgressDialog$1.run(GetDatabaseInfoProgressDialog.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)
    Caused by: org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleDatabaseException:

at org.pentaho.di.core.database.DatabaseMetaInformation.getData(DatabaseMetaInformation.java:349)
    at org.pentaho.di.ui.core.database.dialog.GetDatabaseInfoProgressDialog$1.run(GetDatabaseInfoProgressDialog.java:64)
    ... 1 more
    Caused by: com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.SqlException: DatabaseMetaData information is not known for server DB2/LINUXX8664SQL09050 by this version of JDBC driver
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.s.supportsCatalogsInTableDefinitions(s.java:2984)
    at org.pentaho.di.core.database.DatabaseMetaInformation.getData(DatabaseMetaInformation.java:179)
    ... 2 more
    Note, I get a similar message when I try to get fields names from a DB2 table

Any insight and recommendations will be appreciated.

Don't know if this applies, but we were unable to connect to DB2 until we updated the DB2 JDBC driver db2jcc.jar in the libext\JDBC folder.

You should be able to get it from IBM.

Dave