Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: New PAT Analysis vs New Analysis View

Default New PAT Analysis vs New Analysis View

Hello, I wanted to know the differences between the PAT Analysis and the Normal Analysis view that comes with Pentaho CE.

Thanks!

Sebastian.

Lots of differences - just go play with PAT and compare it. I would say PAT is much easier to use (or will be, once it is GA), much prettier, and uses a more up-to-date technology as its base.
    That said, the jpivot-based analysis view is quite capable, but dated.

Regards,

Mike

Thanks Mike!

I was trying to use PAT, I see it has a very cool frontend, but I cannot use it with my own data.

I post a thread yesterday ( http://forums.pentaho.com/showthread...my-cube-in-PAT )

Where I was saying

"... I have installed the Bi Agile Pluggin and publish my model in the Spoon.
    When I open the Pat in the User Console I can't choose or see the model just published.
    If I use "New Analysis View" I can see my model.
    Did I miss something?"

May be you can help me with this to go deeper in PAT?

Thanks again!

The added functionality in the Agile Plugin in specific to PDI. It's a version of the Enterprise Edition features that Pentaho released for free, but not open source. You can successfully build schema files with the Pentaho Schema Workbench(http://sourceforge.net/projects/mondrian/files/). PAT can interface with those and generate the OLAP cube accordingly.

JPivot is the default that currently comes with the BI server. It works okay, but it's got a few bugs and can get kinda cranky if you get on it's lawn too often.

I have the .8 rev of PAT on my server and it works pretty well. Looking forward to the GA release.
    The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.
    Anonymous

pstoellberger Guest

you can use the schema that was generated with the agile bi plugin for a connection in PAT and do your analysis within PAT

Quote Originally Posted by DBA_Alex View Post
    JPivot is the default that currently comes with the BI server.
    Which analysis viewer is used in the actual Pentaho Analysis Enterprise Edition, as shown in the screenshots on this page: http://www.pentaho.com/products/analysis/ ?

Quote Originally Posted by and78386 View Post
    Which analysis viewer is used in the actual Pentaho Analysis Enterprise Edition, as shown in the screenshots on this page: http://www.pentaho.com/products/analysis/ ?
    No one knows it?

Guess not - looks like it could be jpivot on steroids... but unsure - why dont you email pentaho? Since EE is a paid product I'm sure they'll be quick to answer. I deal in the open source stuff :-)

regards,

Mike

It's Pentaho Analysis.
    It looks like a bigger, better version of the engine that comes in the Analysis plugin mentioned at the beginning of the thread.
    **THIS IS A SIGNATURE - IT GETS POSTED ON (ALMOST) EVERY POST**
    I'm no expert.
    Take my comments at your own risk.

PDI user since PDI 3.1
    PDI on Windows 7 & Linux

Please keep in mind (and this may not apply to this thread):
    No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.
    Signature Updated: 2014-06-30

enterprise version uses pentaho analyzer (which actually came from lucidera)