Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: SQL Code Generation

Question SQL Code Generation

Hi All,

I'm just wondering how the SQL Code generation works for the Insert/Update, and Synchronize After Merge steps works, if anyone knows.

It seems like it checks for a table to exist, and if it doesn't it generates the code to create the table with appropriate indices, but then for some reason it generates code to modify the data type for certain columns....not too sure why since the data types are the same as in the table that was previously created!

Anyone know why Spoon tries to do that modification?

Thanks in advance!

AC

It sounds like you're clicking the button to generate SQL. That generates code to create or modify existing tables. That doesn't happen when you run the transformation, only when you click that button. You can just do what I do and ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSqueezles View Post
    It sounds like you're clicking the button to generate SQL. That generates code to create or modify existing tables. That doesn't happen when you run the transformation, only when you click that button. You can just do what I do and ignore it.
    Thanks! Ya I figured that out too...my transformations are all working now--so far .

Appreciate the reply.