Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Including prpt reports as subreports in a single master report

Default Including prpt reports as subreports in a single master report

Hi,

I have many separate prpt reports (created manually, not using wizard)... I want to include these reports in a single main report.. to be viewed as multiple xls sheets in a single xls spreadsheet..

I know this can be done by using sub reports and re-doing all the reports in the main report. But I want to simply include the already done reports...

Please help..

Thanks & Regrads

Last edited by PriyankaP; 08-24-2010 at 01:28 AM.

Not possible at the moment. But for most elements a copy&paste should be fine (datasources, expressions and all the root level bands - select them in the tree).
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Hi,

Thanks Taqua for a prompt reply...

As I have mentioned earlier, I have a main report that has many sub-reports(banded). Now, I just want few of them in another new report, can I copy these bands to the new report? Will that work? I tried this in a report that already had other bands(sub-reports), but the copied sub-report band did not work... (run as xls, multiple sheets in single spreadsheet)...

Also, my next question is; Is it possible to serialize the sub-report bands? Currently, the new added appears at the bottom of the page or as last sheet in the spreadsheet.

Thanks & Regards