Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Error loading Adhoc Reporting

Default Error loading Adhoc Reporting

We would like to embed the Adhoc Reporting part of the BI Server into our software separate from the rest of the BI Server interface, but I encountered an odd error while trying to load waqr.html directly in my browser:

Code:
    [JavaScript Application]

fileName: file:///Users/rvt/biserver/biserver-ce/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/adhoc/js/ui/WizPg0.js
    lineNumber: 43
    stack: ()@file:///Users/rvt/biserver/biserver-ce/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/adhoc/js/ui/WizPg0.js:43
    ()@file:///Users/rvt/biserver/biserver-ce/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/adhoc/js/ui/WizPg0.js:32
    ([object Object])@file:///Users/rvt/biserver/biserver-ce/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/adhoc/js/ui/WaqrWizard.js:22
    loadWaqr()@file:///Users/rvt/biserver/biserver-ce/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/adhoc/waqr.html:275
    onload([object Event])@file:///Users/rvt/biserver/biserver-ce/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/adhoc/waqr.html:1

name: ReferenceError
    I did a little bit of poking around the HTML and JavaScript, but JavaScript isn't particularly a strong point of mine and I couldn't see any reason why WizPg0.js wouldn't be able to find Messages, which is imported in waqr.html.

Can you offer any insight as to how to avoid this without having to embed the entire BI Server interface?

I haven't tried, but I would be very surprised if you could more or less easily take WAQR out of the BI server/PUC.
    A lot of the waqr-stuff depends on <APPSERVER>/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/lib/pentaho-bi-platform-web-servlet-<version>.jar, and there's no doubt there are other dependencies.

WAQR is a intermingled piece of software that has a bit of 'architectural challenges' when it comes to be alive. Personally, I would not try to move that thing out of its habbit - it either dies or turns into a monster to eat you alive.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Honestly, we don't mind running the BI Server alongside our own code -- for now, we'd just like a way to bypass the login and go directly to the New Report creation screen, since our own software already handles users.