Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: basics of pentaho

Hello.
    Im really sorry about off topic but i have a question.
    Yesterday i created a new thread but its not displayed yet.
    How long does it takes to approve a new thread?
    I really dont know what to do so again sorry for off topic and thanks for your answers.

Hello how are you?
    I have to do a project in Kettle, in which I have to create some javascript to be able to read and identify what type of database is the one in data entry. After learning that database type, i have to change the format to suit other I want.
    In short what I have to do is:
    • Development a script for automatic detection of the type of database entry.
    • Development a data transformation script.
    • Development a script to format data in the format I want.
    Thank you!

each thread you post here goes under the scanner of Mr. moderator and if it's apt then it gets displayed .. and if smoehow doesn't relevant to the topic running over the area .. is deleted ..

Red face basics of pentaho

You know basics of SQL .So it will easy for you.Because Pentaho help to develop query by using various component.

Regards,
    Rushikesh

Hi All,

I have published detailed video on Pentaho Data Integration - Hope this will provide detailed insights abt Pentaho for both beginners and advance users - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayFt9L0n_rM

I have also published Complete Pentaho BI suite with Big data Integration on this site .. If interested have a look https://intellipaat.com/pentaho-online-training/ . Hope this will be useful to many users here

Regards,
    Diwakar
    +91-9008311988

Hello Guys, I'm new in this forum.. and Pentaho's world.
    Please, I need understand how can I delete a DataSource into Pentaho User Console. I know how to create, but I can't see how to delete.
    tks in advance

Hi ,

I am new to pentaho data integration and i would like know how to install pentaho data integration enterprise edition on linux server and access from another system(our local system).

Moreover i have downloaded pentaho data integration enterprise edition on linux server and getting below error while executing spoon.sh.

org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles [gtk_init_check() failed]

Could you please help me on this.

Thanks and Regards,
    Khadar Shaik.

I'm new to Pentaho.

I want to create and run a job from a Java application and pass parameters to the job.
    I tried Jaspersoft ETL / Talend Open Studio but afaik I need the commercial version to be able to do that.

Can this be done using Pentaho community edition or do I need a commercial license for this?

regards
    Guus

Quote Originally Posted by gvorster View Post
    I'm new to Pentaho.

I want to create and run a job from a Java application and pass parameters to the job.
    I tried Jaspersoft ETL / Talend Open Studio but afaik I need the commercial version to be able to do that.

Can this be done using Pentaho community edition or do I need a commercial license for this?

regards
    Guus
    Ok I found out that that is possible. I created a sample transformation and can define parameters and pass them via command line using pan.sh
    Found examples on the forum that it can be passed via external Java application as well.

Hello ,

You can delete the data source in one way i knew first select the list of data sources and when the dialogue opens up select the datasource u want and there's a cross symbol above and just click it .it should be deleted automatically.