Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problems with CDE 1 RC

Default Problems with CDE 1 RC

Hi,
    I moved all the folders to pentaho/system on biserver 3.6 stable. Online, I can create a new dashboard, but I cannot preview it. When I save the file, refresh the repository and open it, it loads (it seems to query the data), but the page stays blank.

I saw this in the error log:
    17:16:19,016 ERROR [Dashboard] Failed to get cdf includes
    17:16:23,953 ERROR [DashboardDesignerContentGenerator] java.io.FileNotFoundExcep
    tion - C:\pentaho\biserver-ce\biserver-ce\pentaho-solutions\system\pentaho-cdf\R
    ender (The system cannot find the file specified)
    Saving File:/Russia/test1234.cdfde
    deleting File:/Russia/test1234_tmp.cdfde
    Loading File:/Russia/test1234.cdfde
    17:17:50,148 ERROR [GenericServlet] GenericServlet.ERROR_0004 - Resource /pentah
    o-cdf-dd/css/images/ui-bg_flat_50_2d2d2d_40x100.png not found in plugin Dashboar
    d Designer Framework
    17:17:50,211 ERROR [GenericServlet] GenericServlet.ERROR_0004 - Resource /pentah
    o-cdf-dd/css/images/ui-bg_flat_60_2d2d2d_40x100.png not found in plugin Dashboar
    d Designer Framework
    Saving File:/Russia/test1234_tmp.cdfde
    17:17:52,038 ERROR [Dashboard] Failed to get cdf includes
    17:17:52,038 ERROR [DashboardDesignerContentGenerator] java.io.FileNotFoundExcep
    tion - C:\pentaho\biserver-ce\biserver-ce\pentaho-solutions\system\pentaho-cdf\R
    17:21:00,691 ERROR [Dashboard] Failed to get cdf includes
    17:21:00,706 ERROR [DashboardDesignerContentGenerator] java.io.FileNotFoundExcep

How do I solve this?
    Thanks,
    Diddy

Hi,
    I had a similar problem, but got it working by deleting the included three plugin folders under pentaho/system folder and unzipping them again.
    Don't know what was different as I thought I did it the first time as well. Perhaps some old pentaho-cdf stuff was left anyway.
    Hope it helps!

Best regards,
    Sami

Thanks a lot. I followed your advice and now it is starting to load the dashboard, but I get following error message:
    Error found: [object XMLHttpRequest], cannot read property "DocumentElement" of Null

Do you have any ideas on how to solve this?
    Thanks,
    Diddy

I assume there is some problem with the component properties. Does for example a predefined template show ok without any components ?
    I think I received somewhat similar error messages when iterating some of the new components until I got the properties set up appropriately.

BR,
    Sami

Hi Sami,
    Yes, exactly. The template loads, but no components are visible. Can you please point me to the file where I can change the properties? What exactly do I have to change?
    Thanks,
    Diddy
    Last edited by diddy; 10-21-2010 at 05:27 PM.

Hi,
    by properties I meant the attributes you set in Dashboard editor for the component (e.g. HtmlObject, DataSource, Width, Height).
    I guess that as this isn't a stable version, we can expect that some things don't work yet. As well, not all configurations are straightforward; proceeding step-by-step from getting simple stuff working helps.
    Which components and data access methods do you use?

Br,
    Sami

What browser you using? Try firefox or chrome
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

@ Sami:
    I fixed it now: I copied the old CDF folder over from my old server to the new one, and it worked. It looks like I had made some changes to this "old" folder, but I am not too sure any more what it was. When I have time I try to figure it out. Any ideas what it could be?
    Thanks for your help!
    @ Pedro: Thanks as well! (I am working with Chrome mainly, sometimes Firefox)
    Best regards,
    Diddy

Hi.

I had the same problem and i followed the instructions (delete and copy again pth-solution/system/3 dirs)
    It solved the problem of render the dashboard but i still have one more problem.

I'll explain all my process.

I create a dashboard and save it.
    I apply a two colum template and save it ( save after every action i some way to be sure. I don't know if its needed but it shouldn't be bad )
    Then i make a first char following the chart wizard and save it one more time.
    Then i try to make my second chart following the chart wizard ... then it happen to me this:

Name:  cde_1.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  13.6 KB

The dimension level or the measure i want to use goes to the preview area without exception.

Then i can't do anything else with the wizard.

It happen to me with firefox and chrome....

I don't attach log because log looks normal.
    Last edited by jortilles; 10-22-2010 at 11:35 AM.

Yeah - the wizard in not ported to CDA yet.... sorry
    Pedro Alves

Same here diddy, I cannot preview the dashboard, I got a blank page.
    How do I solve this?

Hi to all,

I have a problem with the CCC charts, when i try to display a CCC bar chart (or any other CCC chart) i got an error like : "Object type cccBarChart can't be mapped to a valid class", and if i use any other kind of chart, everything works fine.

Does anyone knows how to solve this?

Im using Pentaho CE 3.6 and CDE 1.0 RC1, in a server that has a public IP.

Thanks a lot

Juan

jegordon, when you installed the bundle, did you move away the old CDF directory from solution/system/pentaho-cdf? I think something went wrong with your install
    Pedro Alves

Hi All,

Im having the same problem as jegordon, I removed all the files from solutions/system/pentaho-cdf and pentaho-cdf-dd, and replaced with the new ones, but i cant use the CCC charts, is there anything else that I need to do?

Thanks!!

NL

Do you get any error?
    Pedro Alves

Thanks for the reply pmalves,

Yeap I get, Object can't no be mapped to a valid class, did i miss something?

Thanks

NL

I can't reproduce it... Guess it's time to think about releasing a RC2
    Pedro Alves

I am getting a "objct type navigatorMenu can't be mapped to a valid class" error with cde rc1. Any ideas? My initial install worked but I made the following adjustments
    1) applied the fix to crecomponents get FlashChart working with IE7
    2) use apache reverse proxy to access my biserver

both were necessary, but I can't see why either would cause this error. Any help would be appreciated

What exactly is fix 1?

Also, I've seen some apache proxys that changed the returning jsons, which was kind'a unexpected... I use cde with apache ajp connector and works fine
    Pedro Alves