Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: DH KeyPairGenerator not available when using "Put a file with SFTP" with kitchen

Question DH KeyPairGenerator not available when using "Put a file with SFTP" with kitchen

Hi,

i have a problem when using my job with kitchen.
    i get following errormessage:

ERROR 22-10 10:40:29,056 - Put a file with SFTP - Error while trying to send files. Exception :
    com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Session.connect: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: DH KeyPairGenerator not available
    Session.connect: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: DH KeyPairGenerator not available
    ERROR 22-10 10:40:29,056 - Put a file with SFTP - org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleJobException:
    com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Session.connect: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: DH KeyPairGenerator not available
    Session.connect: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: DH KeyPairGenerator not available
    org.pentaho.di.job.entries.sftp.SFTPClient.login(SFTPClient.java:99)
    org.pentaho.di.job.entries.sftpput.JobEntrySFTPPUT.execute(JobEntrySFTPPUT.java:396)
    org.pentaho.di.job.Job.execute(Job.java:471)
    org.pentaho.di.job.Job.execute(Job.java:600)
    org.pentaho.di.job.Job.execute(Job.java:344)
    org.pentaho.di.job.Job.run(Job.java:282)
    INFO 22-10 10:40:29,056 - Step1 - Finished job entry [Put a file with SFTP] (result=[false])
    INFO 22-10 10:40:29,056 - Step1 - Job execution finished

when i use Spoon everything works fine.
    Version: pdi-ce-4.0.2-SNAPSHOT-r14093
    Has someone a hint.
    Maybe something to change in the kitchen.bat ?

New: with pdi-ce-3.2.5-r14142 and kitchen it works
    Last edited by PL_@NTA; 10-22-2010 at 05:04 AM. Reason: it works with pdi-ce-3.2.5-r14142 info

Hi there,

only thing I can think of is to try updating your JVM. DH KeyPair Generator is part of the JRE and maybe the jsch lib got upgraded and it now wants to use a class from a more recent JRE release...

Cheers

Slawo

Hi Slawo,

thank you.
    I will check this.

Cheers

Stefan

I'm having the same problem.

I think the cause is that when run from Kitchen.bat, Kettle cannot find the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE). So it should be something with classpaths / environment variables. Probably in the .BAT files.

I found jce.jar in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib; any idea how to get Kitchen.bat to find it?

No luck here, even with the newest JVM version and Kettle 4.1.0. I ended up making a batch script with a call to an external psftp.exe for the file upload, outside of Kettle.

I'll open up a JIRA issue for this one.

Hi,
    If using version 4.1.0
    If you add the line: set PENTAHO_JAVA_HOME=C:\Progra~2\Java\jre6
    in Kitchen.bat just after setlocal it should work ok.

If using version 4.0
    add line: set JAVA_HOME=C:\Progra~2\Java\jre6

/Mikael
    Last edited by m_Nilsson; 03-11-2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Clarification

Thanks Mikael, I was frustrated with this issue for the last few days and came across your post. Adding the variable line in my Kitchen.bat file did the trick. Thanks again 8-)