Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Dependant Transformations

Default Dependant Transformations

Is there an elegant method to have interdependant transformations? As an example:
    Name:  TestLoop.JPG
Views: 29
Size:  14.4 KB
    Is there a simple way to have Transformation 3 only execute when, and if, Transformation 1 and Transformation 2 complete successfully?

For this to be useful, Transformation 1 and Transformation 2 need to be running in parallel.
    Last edited by khelms; 01-25-2011 at 01:05 PM.

the attachment is invalid!
    I guess (after your explanation) that what you need is to move both transformations 1 and 2 to a sub-job and execute transformation 3 only if the subjob succeeds.

Hi khelms,

you can put t1 and t2 in a separate sub-job SJ. Then create a main job : Start->SJ->Transformation3

Cheers

Slawo

Default How about this?

Would this only exit with success when and if both transformations completed?
    Name:  TestLoop2.JPG
Views: 29
Size:  11.1 KB

I guess the answer is yes.
    But if you need to do more than just add a"Success" entry, then you should move the transformations to a subjob. If you don't, the entries following transformation 1 and 2 will run twice.

Thank you both for the quick responses.

I tested out the sub-job processing using "Wait for file" entries and it will do exactly what I wanted (fail if any dependant transformation fails and only continue when all parallel entries are complete).

Rearranging the current process is just going to be more work than I had hoped.