Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Font type problem when generating the report in PDF

Default Font type problem when generating the report in PDF

Hai all,

did anyone know how to solve this problem...i am using Pentaho Report Designer
    version 3.6.1-GA and developed a report using Times New Roman as the font type. Its works well when i preview in PDF from my report designer but when I publish this report to server and generate to pdf format..all the fonts will displayed in Arial. Can anybody know how to solve this? Is this related to the pentaho server setting?

Regards,
    Sab

Check your font family in master report .May be your report is inheriting style from your master report .

Does your server have the Times New Roman font installed? If it is a Linux server this is rather unlikely, as this font is a Microsoft licensed font. When you look at the server's log, you probably see a lot of errors that a font has not been found and helvetica is used instead.

Install the fonts you intend to use when generating a PDF and we make sure your PDF contains those fonts.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

yes..we are using linux server..how we want to check if there is times new roman or any font have been installed in our pentaho server? i am newby with pentaho..really appreciate if u can help..in what directory we can check the font installed and the server's log in pentaho?

Well, check your font directories under /usr/share/fonts or /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts (if I remember right, has been a while that I touched a Linux system that intimately). You should see the "*.ttf" files for Times New Roman (I think "times.ttf" and so on) there. If you dont then install it.

http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Repo...TrueType+Fonts
    http://java.sun.com/products/java-me...my_custom_font
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

ok..we will try as your exlpained. Thanks..will updates u if this works.

hi...

we already updated the OS's library files and added Times New Roman' font in the server but still did not solved the Times New Roman problem.
    Did you have other solution to cater this problem? Your helps is highly appreciate.

Thanks,
    Sab

hai..

did anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks.

Check the log. The pentaho log should tell you whether the font was found or not.
    We do not search random locations, so if the font files cannot be found in either the usr/share or /usr/X11R6 location, then we will not see it. We do not see fonts stored on a font server. We need access to the physical file.

Lightbulb [solved] the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by nor_sab View Post
    hi...

we already updated the OS's library files and added Times New Roman' font in the server but still did not solved the Times New Roman problem.
    Did you have other solution to cater this problem? Your helps is highly appreciate.

Thanks,
    Sab
    Hi, my problem is the same. After I reboot tomcat service, generate report again, and finally did it. .