Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Business Table Edit Dialog - very slow

clg@procutsa.com Guest

Unhappy Business Table Edit Dialog - very slow

PME 3.6GA

I have a metadata model I've been using & editing for some time. As far as I can tell, it is working well - all my PRD reports run on the BI Server machine with the modified .xmi file, as do Ad-Hoc reports.

When I right-click to edit a business table, the PME application becomes unresponsive for a long time (several minutes) before the edit dialog comes up. My PC is not RAM constrained or CPU bound during this delay (2.7GB of 4, 6-8% CPU use).

Once the Business Table Properties dialog is open, clicking between fields is also unbearable slow (literally it takes minutes to change selected column).

I imported one of the sample .xmi files, and can edit those business tables with little or no delay before the edit dialog boxes appear.

Can anyone explain why the dialog box appearance is so pokey? I've downloaded 3.7GA PME, would installing that help? My .xmi is about 290Kb, uses row level security.

Any ideas? I have some calculated fields to add and this makes editing & testing nearly impossible. Thank you!

-Chris

clg@procutsa.com Guest

Moving my editing session to the BI Server itself helped a great deal. 3.7GA did nothing. I'm not big on running design apps on my servers though...

What occurs when a BT edit dialog is launched that would cause slow performance?

This issue was caused by an incorrect entry in the Tools\Security\ dialog. Specifically an incorrect port number listed in the Service URL.

I had changed the port from 8080 to 80 and not updated this setting. What tipped me off was that when attempting to add a role for role based security, the list of users and roles was empty.

I hope this information is helpful to someone.