Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Deploy BI Server on JBoss 5.1 - problems with 3.7.0

Exclamation Deploy BI Server on JBoss 5.1 - problems with 3.7.0

Hi,

I tried to install the BI Server version 3.7.0-stable on a linux system with the webapp deployed in a JBoss 5.1. MySQL is used as database.

All files have been configured for the use with the DB.
    The three folders pentaho, pentaho-style and sw-style from "Pentaho/biserver-ce/tomcat/webapps" have been moved to "jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/myconfig/deploy" and renamed with the ending .war(e.g. pentaho.war).

This configuration worked fine for me with the BI Server 3.6.0-stable.
    But with the new 3.7.0-stable I can't get it to work, because of an Error while starting JBoss. The stacktrace it produces is:

Code:
    2010-12-17 09:45:01,547 ERROR [dency.AbstractKernelController] Error  installing to ClassLoader:  name=vfsfile:/usr/local/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/myconfig/deploy/pentaho.war/  state=Describe mode=Manual requiredState=ClassLoader 
    org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Error creating classloader  for vfsfile:/usr/local/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/myconfig/deploy/pentaho.war/ 
        at  org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentException.java:49) 
        at  org.jboss.deployers.structure.spi.helpers.AbstractDeploymentContext.createClassLoader(AbstractDeploymentContext.java:579) 
        at  org.jboss.deployers.structure.spi.helpers.AbstractDeploymentUnit.createClassLoader(AbstractDeploymentUnit.java:161) 
        at  org.jboss.deployers.spi.deployer.helpers.AbstractClassLoaderDeployer.deploy(AbstractClassLoaderDeployer.java:53) 
        at  org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployerWrapper.deploy(DeployerWrapper.java:171) 
        at  org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.doDeploy(DeployersImpl.java:1439) 
        at  org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.doInstallParentFirst(DeployersImpl.java:1157) 
        at  org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.install(DeployersImpl.java:1098) 
        at  org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractControllerContext.install(AbstractControllerContext.java:348) 
        at  org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.install(AbstractController.java:1631) 
        at  org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.incrementState(AbstractController.java:934) 
        at  org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.resolveContexts(AbstractController.java:1082) 
        at  org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.resolveContexts(AbstractController.java:984) 
        at  org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.change(AbstractController.java:822) 
        at  org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.change(AbstractController.java:553) 
        at  org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.process(DeployersImpl.java:781) 
        at  org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.process(MainDeployerImpl.java:702) 
        at  org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.MainDeployerAdapter.process(MainDeployerAdapter.java:117) 
        at  org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.ProfileDeployAction.install(ProfileDeployAction.java:70) 
        at  org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.AbstractProfileAction.install(AbstractProfileAction.java:53) 
        at  org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.AbstractProfileService.install(AbstractProfileService.java:361) 
        at  org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractControllerContext.install(AbstractControllerContext.java:348) 
        at  org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.install(AbstractController.java:1631) 
        at  org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.incrementState(AbstractController.java:934) 
        at  org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.resolveContexts(AbstractController.java:1082) 
        at  org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.resolveContexts(AbstractController.java:984) 
        at  org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.change(AbstractController.java:822) 
        at  org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.change(AbstractController.java:553) 
        at  org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.AbstractProfileService.activateProfile(AbstractProfileService.java:306) 
        at  org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.start(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:271) 
        at  org.jboss.bootstrap.AbstractServerImpl.start(AbstractServerImpl.java:461) 
        at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:221) 
        at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:556) 
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) 
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Parent domain: pentaho.ear  does not exist. 
        at  org.jboss.classloader.spi.ClassLoaderSystem.registerClassLoaderPolicy(ClassLoaderSystem.java:389) 
        at  org.jboss.classloading.spi.dependency.policy.ClassLoaderPolicyModule.registerClassLoaderPolicy(ClassLoaderPolicyModule.java:131) 
        at  org.jboss.deployers.plugins.classloading.AbstractLevelClassLoaderSystemDeployer.createClassLoader(AbstractLevelClassLoaderSystemDeployer.java:120) 
        at  org.jboss.deployers.structure.spi.helpers.AbstractDeploymentContext.createClassLoader(AbstractDeploymentContext.java:565) 
        ... 32 more
    What has been changed in 3.7.0? How can I get the new version to work with JBoss?

Another problem I had, has to do with the MySQL DB. When Pentho creates the hibernate tables some create statements have columns(for filepaths) with the type varchar(767).
    When this statements are executed the DB throws following error:
    "Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes"
    I read somewhere, that MySQL uses UTF-8 with 3 bytes per char and that indexed varchars can only have the length 255(767byte / 3 bytes = 255,6). So I had to execute the SQL statements myself, with the type varchar(255) for the columns. This worked. Why is this case not considered in the setup of Pentaho?

Regards,

Philipp
    Last edited by PhilK; 12-20-2010 at 04:36 AM.

I have the same setup and I'm also having this issue. Have you found a solution yet?

Thanks.

No, I didn't solve the problem yet.

But I probably found the cause:

there was made a fix concerning deployment on JBoss 5.1: BISERVER-4886 Upgrade manual deployment to use JBoss 5.1.
    There was added a jboss-classloading.xml file to the pentaho/WEB-INF folder, which contains the line: parent-domain="pentaho.ear"

So this could be the source of the error.
    Maybe the Pentaho devs know more, how to fix the problem.

can anybody help us further on this problem?

I had to change a file server/default/deployers/ear-deployer-jboss-beans.xml to make the EARClassLoaderDeployer bean "Isolated"

Code:
       <bean name="EARClassLoaderDeployer" class="org.jboss.deployment.EarClassLoaderDeployer">
          <!-- A flag indicating if ear deployments should have their own scoped
             class loader to isolate their classes from other deployments.
          -->      
          <property name="isolated">true</property>
       </bean>

Quote Originally Posted by CompBoy View Post
    I had to change a file server/default/deployers/ear-deployer-jboss-beans.xml to make the EARClassLoaderDeployer bean "Isolated"

Code:
       <bean name="EARClassLoaderDeployer" class="org.jboss.deployment.EarClassLoaderDeployer">
          <!-- A flag indicating if ear deployments should have their own scoped
             class loader to isolate their classes from other deployments.
          -->      
          <property name="isolated">true</property>
       </bean>
    I tried to change isolated to true but I still have that problem