Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Javadoc for org.pentaho.di.core.Const

Question Javadoc for org.pentaho.di.core.Const

Hi Everyone,

I am looking at javadoc.pentaho.com for the docs on org.pentaho.di.core.Const but am unable to locate them. Can anyone post a link to the correct url ?

Cheers

The Frog
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler - Albert Einstein

Hi TheFrog,

I'd recommend to download the src package of the kettle version you are using and looking at the class.
    If you go the extra mile and set up a project in eclipse (from svn source preferably) you'll be able to easily determine where the methods and constants are used etc.

Cheers
    Slawo

Thanks Slawo, thats a good idea. It will have to wait till the weekend though as I cant do that inside the office. Just in short then, do you know if there is a function / method in there somewhere to kill whitespace in strings? Trying to shift some JS to Java without re-writing code where possible. I want the speed...............

Cheers

The Frog
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler - Albert Einstein

Ahhh, never mind. I will just use fieldname.replace("/\\s+/g"," ")

Its probably the easiest anyway :-)

Cheers

The Frog