Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho Solution integration with CMS

Exclamation Pentaho Solution integration with CMS

Hi,

Can anyone provide some insight about how Pentaho Solutions such as Analytics, Reports or Dashboards be integrated with CMS such as DotNetNuke, MojoPortal or Jhoomla, Drupal.

I am aware that there are few steps that involve working with ServiceActions and URL based calls to pentaho. However, It would be great if anyone provides some information regarding integrating pentaho with any CMS.

Thanks

What do you want to put in the CMS? Report definitions? Or report output? Or both? If you want Pentaho to natively store everything in a CMS, you'd have to implement alternative implementations of ISolutionRepository (for the report definitions) and IContentRepository (for the report output).

Alternatively, you could have a process that pulls output from Pentaho (via web services) and pushes it into a CMS.

Another one: you could have an action sequence that pushes output from Pentaho into a CMS.

The Pentaho team is working on something similar to the first item I mentioned. No idea on when it will be done.

Thank you for the reply.

My main requirement is to display the output not just from Report but Analyzer too. For e.g. - a CMS like mojoPortal which has a Pentaho specific object defined and should be able to access the solution in it.

I am currently working on using action sequence method so that it can be used in various CMS portals. I will post further updates on this.

Regards
    -Aukenus