Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: PDI shuts down after launching

Default PDI shuts down after launching

I've been using PDI (4.1.0) for a couple of months now without any issue. Today after launching Spoot.bat, the splash screen appears as normal, then goes away but PDI never opens. I'm on a Windows XP Pro box and I see javaw.exe in task manager when I first launch Spoon but then it immediately goes away.

I'm not really sure how to go about diagnosing the problem to figure out what's going wrong . I've been using PDI on a daily basis and nothing that I'm aware of has changed between yesterday when it was working fine and today. Is there some sort of log that I can check at or anything obvious that I should be looking for?

TIA,
    Ron

Ok I was able to fix the problem so I thought I'd share in case anyone else ever runs into the same issue. It appears that one of the files in my .kettle directory got corrupted (perhaps the db.cache file?). I simply renamed the .kettle directory to .kettleold and launched spoon.bat and PDI opened without any problems and recreated the .kettle directory with all of the necessary files. I then moved all of the files from my .kettleold directory to the newly created one with the exception of the db.cache file and now everything is working great.

Ron