Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Scheduling Kettle Jobs

Question Scheduling Kettle Jobs

I have different jobs that should be scheduled differently: some jobs should run daily, others weekly, others monthly.

Is it possible to create one daily main job with conditional pathes for all the non-daily subjobs? If possible, how could this be implemented?

Clickin' on START object in your job you can set all that you need...
    otherwise you can launch your job by kitchen

Vale
    Valentino Todisco

valentrip85@gmail.com

If you are using PDI-CE, the usual recommended approach to scheduling jobs or transforms is to use your OS scheduler.
    PDI-EE has its own scheduler, which is where the schedule configuration in the Start step is used.
    **THIS IS A SIGNATURE - IT GETS POSTED ON (ALMOST) EVERY POST**
    I'm no expert.
    Take my comments at your own risk.

PDI user since PDI 3.1
    PDI on Windows 7 & Linux

Please keep in mind (and this may not apply to this thread):
    No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.
    Signature Updated: 2014-06-30

Agree with gutlez. Windows scheduling works well.

syntax to be used in command line:
    at 16:59 /every:Monday,Wednesday,Friday kitchen.bat /file:C:\KettleJobs\Branch123\branch123.kjb /logfile:C:\KettleJobs\Branch123\logBranch123.txt /level:Basic

Quote Originally Posted by gutlez View Post
    If you are using PDI-CE, the usual recommended approach to scheduling jobs or transforms is to use your OS scheduler.
    PDI-EE has its own scheduler, which is where the schedule configuration in the Start step is used.

Quote Originally Posted by and78386 View Post
    I have different jobs that should be scheduled differently: some jobs should run daily, others weekly, others monthly.

Is it possible to create one daily main job with conditional pathes for all the non-daily subjobs? If possible, how could this be implemented?
    I use a conditional path, based on two steps: the first evaluate, with a simple transformation, if the current date is the first day of week (or month), the second step is a "Simple Evaluation" step that read the previous result and start the weekly (or monthly) job if the condition is matched, otherwise exit.
    Another way is to use a single conditional step like "Evaluate rows number in a table" with a query in a calendar table.