Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to connect design studio to kettle repository

Default How to connect design studio to kettle repository

I'm using design studio from my mac and i want to connect the design studio to kettle repo that sits in a SqlServer DB on 192.168.60.12, the mine biserver is on CentOS on 192.168.60.19 and i have started one time spoon from it to create .kettle dir in home directory of the user that make biserver run.
    Now in the project Pentaho Solutions of Eclipse -->system-->kettle i have edited settings.xml as below:
    Code:
    <kettle-repository>

<!-- The values within <properties> are passed directly to the Kettle Pentaho components. -->

<!-- This is the location of the Kettle repositories.xml file, leave empty if the default is used: $HOME/.kettle/repositories.xml -->
    	<repositories.xml.file></repositories.xml.file>

<repository.type>rdbms</repository.type>

<!--  The name of the repository to use -->
    	<repository.name>fema</repository.name>

<!--  The name of the repository user -->
    	<repository.userid>admin</repository.userid>

<!--  The password -->
    	<repository.password>admin</repository.password>

</kettle-repository>
    Now i have made a xaction for test like the picture below
    Name:  toforum_kettlerepo.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  24.3 KB

The result of the test is:
    Code:
    Failed
    Errore: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Esecuzione dell'Action Sequence fallita (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Partenza dellesecuzione di {0}/{1}/{2} (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Lettura del contesto a runtime e dei dati (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Caricamento del file di configurazione dell'Action Sequence (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Errore: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Esecuzione dell'Action Sequence fallita (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)

Server Version: Pentaho Platform Engine Core 3.7.0-stable.44411
    Note that i can't select the dir from the combobox (under use kettle repository), but i have written the directory path. Is it correct? Shouldn't design studio suggest me the right directory using the combo box?
    Thanks for every help and sorry about my poor english

Ok, the problem was only the biserver refreh... anyway i can't populate the Directory combobox, so i have to write esplicitally the directory path. Too bad, if anyone knows the solution i'll thanks him/her

Quote Originally Posted by sanzo77 View Post
    Shouldn't design studio suggest me the right directory using the combo box?
    No, that is not possible. The combo doesn't show you transformation, job, or steps names. It only shows you the available action sequences inputs.
    Nice opportunity to tell you that this is a use case explained in Chapter8 in the Kettle cookbook coming soon.
    have a nice weekend,