Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Own database connection for each pentaho session?

Default Own database connection for each pentaho session?

How can I have only one database session/connection for each pentaho session and use this database session only in this pentaho session?
    I have schema and connection created via the DataSource i want unique database connection for each time when i login to Pentaho.

Could you elaborate? For what purpose do you want this setup? Do you want to connect to the database as the logged-in user rather than a generic user?

Quote Originally Posted by mlowery View Post
    Could you elaborate? For what purpose do you want this setup? Do you want to connect to the database as the logged-in user rather than a generic user?
    I want use temporary tables as fact and dimension tables with different data for each user(each pentaho session)

The database connection provider for the BI Server is specified in pentaho-solutions/system/pentahoObjects.spring.xml:

Code:
    <bean id="IDatasourceService" class="org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.connection.datasource.dbcp.JndiDatasourceService" scope="prototype" />
    You can subclass or write your own from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by mlowery View Post
    The database connection provider for the BI Server is specified in pentaho-solutions/system/pentahoObjects.spring.xml:

Code:
    <bean id="IDatasourceService" class="org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.connection.datasource.dbcp.JndiDatasourceService" scope="prototype" />
    You can subclass or write your own from scratch.
    Thanks
    Can me help replace
    Code:
      <bean id="IDatasourceService" class="org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.connection.datasource.dbcp.PooledOrJndiDatasourceService" scope="singleton" />
    on
    Code:
      <bean id="IDatasourceService" class="org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.connection.datasource.dbcp.NonPooledOrJndiDatasourceService" scope="singleton" />
    ?