Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Transformation reference in Job changes to /null after import

Default Transformation reference in Job changes to /null after import

Hi All,

Have tried searching for something on this, but was not really successful. Basically I am trying to deploy my Pentaho job from DEV into SIT environment. The codes are currently maintained in the repository. In the DEV environment, all the codes are correctly coded and values defined.

I then exported the repository and imported it into the SIT environment. However, I found that after the import, the transformation specification field in the job entry details screen is populated with the value of "/null". I tried to do a comparison of the database and also exported file values, but find that these files are the same.

This null value is impacting the execution of our job in Pentaho. Would appreciate if anyone could offer some form of advice.

Even if you would call Pentaho they would ask you for version information, an example, reproduction path and so forth.
    You know, the sort of things described in the Read Me First sticky post in this forum.

Apologies. I am currently using version 4.1.0 stable release of Pentaho Data Integration.
    Would appreciate any help in this. Thanks.

Yew Chong

Hi all,

Any help in this would be appreciated. Let me know if you would require any further information on this. Thanks!

Hi all,

I have the same problem in 4.1.2.1 GA.

When I export and import a full Enterprise Repository with jobs that reference transactions/subjobs by reference (as opposed to reference by name) all these references are lost (input boxes are cleared after import).

I my case it was a completely empty Enterprise Repository to which I imported the XML..

Any help would be appreciated because I don't want to manually fix these references after each import from development => production repository...

Hi Jasper,

This sounds serious. Did you file a support request for this issue or at least a JIRA case?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

I will do that...

I want to get Transformation id used in a Job. All i need to know which transformation in repository is used in a Job.
    Could anyone share the code as per PDI 4 Java API.

Please do not hijack threads and don't spam the same question in multiple threads. Thank you!