Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to refresh solution repository?

Default How to refresh solution repository?

Hi, I’ve worked with pentaho (community edition) for a few weeks but I still don’t know if is it possible or not to refresh my solution repository automatically. It doesn’t matter, if it will happen after each update of my xaction (maybe using some kind of service call from my side) or once a minute or each time I restart BI server. The only requirement is to do it without involving a human being. The only option I have right now is just using something like selenium to go and click on that link, but this is crazy.

I’m asking if anybody knows how to refresh repository cache without opening a browser?

You can use firebug to see what the request to refresh looks like and then repeat it using wget or curl or something. Just a thought.

Thanks for response. GWT is used for making that post. I tried to send the same post but it didn't work; nothing was refreshed. Does pentaho provide a public API for refreshing repositories?

That particular operation requires the caller to be an admin. Be sure to append &userid=joe&password=password to the URL. Alternatively, you can use basic authentication to keep the password off the URL.

Thanks. I found out why it didn't work. I didn't specify text/x-gwt-rpc content type when I was doing my request.

Default Url

What was the URL you used?

And does anyone know a list of api?