Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: JasperReports in Pentaho BI Suite

Default JasperReports in Pentaho BI Suite

Good day,

Can anyone should me a resource on how to integrate jasper reports into the Pentaho BI stack. I have successfully deployed pentaho reports but I don't want to rewrite all previously deployed jasper reports (about 20 reports) so the integration feature would really do.
    Unfortunately all the resource on the pentaho community wiki are for v 1.6.
    Don't there exist a more up-to-date version of the process description?

Regards.

AFAIK these steps are still the "state of the art" for JasperReports. So far no one cared enough about either that code or the documentation to actually keep it up to date or to implement new features.

And for some reason I doubt that JasperSoft itself would provide resources or input in this place
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Hi,

You can do this with the help of Design Studio, you just need to create an xaction which calls a jasper report file. Its the same even now and there is not much change in the latest version of Design Studio for this action
    Read these wiki pages for more info:

http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/ServerDoc1x/Jasper

http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Serv...ce+With+Jasper

Thanks,

I would try my way around all available options. If there is a need, I would do a more comprehensive doc for the integration process.

Regards.