Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Insert empty date in PostgreSQL

Default Insert empty date in PostgreSQL

I have a step that reads a csv file and inserts rows into a Postgre table.

Some date fields come empty (for example: atual end date) in some rows. So, this field must remain empty in the table.

What do I have to do?

Thanks

Osmar Mateus

Maybe there is something I'm overlooking, but as long as the database allows null values (and your Pentaho processes), you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffrobinson View Post
    Maybe there is something I'm overlooking, but as long as the database allows null values (and your Pentaho processes), you should be fine.
    Thanks for your help.

I express myself incorrectly. In the process of inserting the row, I change the type from string to date (using Select values) and receive a error mesage ("couldn't convert string [ ] to date using format [yyyy/MM/dd]".

Osmar Mateus

I find that there is a space in your string [ ]. So you are not trying to convert null to date type, you are actually converting string space to date type.

Check the data source and change the string " " to null or "" should solve the problem.

Try setting the trim column to both in your Csv File Input fields definition tab.

You are correct. It worked fine!

Thanks

Osmar

Quote Originally Posted by Nan.Cloud2Land View Post
    I find that there is a space in your string [ ]. So you are not trying to convert null to date type, you are actually converting string space to date type.

Check the data source and change the string " " to null or "" should solve the problem.