Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: My looping Job doesn't seem to do anything

Default My looping Job doesn't seem to do anything

I've defined some Jobs and Transformations to loop through a list of files so that I can be sure the files get processed in order (because I'm using the files to create a hierarchy, so I need to process all the entries in the Level1 file before I move on to the Level2 file).

I've been following the instructions in Chapter 15 of the Pentaho Kettle Solutions book (p. 399 in my edition), but running the main Job doesn't seem to have any effect. I don't get any errors, but my processing transformation doesn't do anything (at the moment it's just set up to write the names of the files to an output file).

Can anyone explain why it's not doing anything?

I've attached the transformations and jobs, and I'm running PDI 4.1.0 on Windows.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not that I can tell you why...

Uncheck the Execute for each row, clear results before executing, and Copy Results to ... options on the Get Level Files entry in the Get Files and Process Job.
    **THIS IS A SIGNATURE - IT GETS POSTED ON (ALMOST) EVERY POST**
    I'm no expert.
    Take my comments at your own risk.

PDI user since PDI 3.1
    PDI on Windows 7 & Linux

Please keep in mind (and this may not apply to this thread):
    No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.
    Signature Updated: 2014-06-30

Quote Originally Posted by gutlez View Post
    Not that I can tell you why...

Uncheck the Execute for each row, clear results before executing, and Copy Results to ... options on the Get Level Files entry in the Get Files and Process Job.
    Excellent. That did the job (so to speak). Thanks.