Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Password management from within PUC

Default Password management from within PUC

I am wondering if there is a way for users to manage their own password from within PUC. I don't want my end users logging into the Admin console and I don't want to be in the business of changing users passwords, and I'm not yet ready to do a single sign-on solution (resource constraints on my time to make it work). So, my question is, has someone developed a solution that allows the user to change their password without my intervention.

Thanks in advance for any insights.
    Dan Peacock
    Enterprise Data Architect and Oracle DBA/Apologist
    danp@autowares.com

hi!
    theres a jira for it http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/BISERVER-2676 but nothing happened so far.
    I guess pentaho thinks that many people are using ldap.
    I integrated the user management (via spring jdbc security implementation) with another webapplication that all users have access to, where they can change their pw's.

Dan,

even integrating Pentaho with an existing LDAP/AD-Structure is possible by configuring the existing spring-beans correctly... so given that you only do have one user-type group (i.e.: Local AD-Users)
    you can do this and manage all permissions by group-memberships on AD-side... or at least move authentication towards AD and keep the permissions-stuff on the BI-Server side

Best regards,

Tom

Also see this JIRA: http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/BISERVER-4063. The code has been started. It is in svn://source.pentaho.org/svnroot/bi-platform-v2/branches/UserDetailsManager.

Hello all,

I only can confirm that this is really an important topic which we have to solve by ourselves in the next 3 weeks.

Cheers,
    Mathew

Any news about this demand?