Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: PDI Enterprise Repository from the BI Server

Default PDI Enterprise Repository from the BI Server

I'd like to use the new enterprise kettle repository as the repository for my action sequences in the BI server. The documentation says to "edit the /pentaho-solutions/system/kettle/settings.xml file and put in your
    PDI enterprise repository information".

That's great, but what to I put in for the <repository.type> tag? I know before it had the values of rdbms for a database based repository or files for a file based one, but what do I put in for the enterprise repository?
    Dan Peacock
    Enterprise Data Architect and Oracle DBA/Apologist
    danp@autowares.com

I'd like to use the new enterprise kettle repository as the repository for my action sequences in the BI server.
    While it is possible to run Kettle Jobs and Transformations that live with the enterprise repository from within the BI Server, there is no way to store action sequences in the enterprise repository. This will be available in the future.

Can you point to the documentation (e.g. link or page number) where you found this documentation?

Now that I look at what I wrote, it's not clear what I meant.

I am going to have all of my transformations and jobs in the enterprise repository. I want to run these transformations and jobs from action sequences on my BI server. According to the section of the PDI Admin Guide (pdi_admin_guide.pdf located in the docs/english directory under the PDI client installation) called "Using PDI Data Sources in Action Sequences", it says that I "must also edit the /pentaho-solutions/system/kettle/settings.xml file and put in your PDI enterprise repository information." But it doesn't say with what. I can surmise the values for the <repository.name>, <repository.userid> and <repository.password> tags in that file, but I'm at a loss for what to put in the <repository.type> tag.
    Dan Peacock
    danp@autowares.com

Thanks for the clarification. It turns out that repository.type should be set to "rdbms" even though you're using the Enterprise repository. I created a bug for this: http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/BISERVER-5627.

Thanks! I'll follow that bug with interest.

Dan
    Dan Peacock
    danp@autowares.com