Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Close connection in Spoon

Post Close connection in Spoon

HI all,
    I am transfering data between two databases(ERP and POS) some times one DB is having some connection problem. so in this situation ERP db is connected data retrieved from this step then it is trying to connect POS Database it is not connecting so Job will fail. In this scenario ERP Connection is opened so i want to know is there any mechanism to close this connection or any option to close connections after once job is finishes.

Thank you,
    Regards,
    Devananda c s

I think all database connections are invoked parallelly. So there is no situation like one connection open and close that and open another one. You probably need to create two separate connection and use them both in the same transformation. You may be already doing this. I cant help without seeing the transformation. Can you attach the ktr file here?

Hi watchman,
    Thanks for the reply,
    please check the ktr file attached and let me know.

Regards,
    Devananda c s
    Attached Files Attached Files

I had a look at the transformation and I couldn't find any issue in the connection. Do you have the log message which shows the connection error? One thing I am not sure about is, why are you using a table output and "insert/update" for the same table in same transformation which is running in a transaction. Try to use one and troubleshoot with that.

Default Hi

I am getting data like that some times need to insert and sometime need to update thats y i am using insert/Update.