Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Null Poiinter Exception when Publishing Transformation to repository

Default Null Poiinter Exception when Publishing Transformation to repository

Matt,

With Spoon 4.1 when I am trying to save transformation which has logging set into a repository table then I get the below exception, is this something known ? This is something very basic which use to work in earlier releases.
    Am I doing anything wrong here, pls find attached trasnformation or the doc for more details.

After investigating further we found that there is some issue with null that is getting passed to insertStepDatabase method.

// Save the logging connection link...

if (logTable.getDatabaseMeta()!=null) repository.insertStepDatabase(transMeta.getObjectId(), null, logTable.getDatabaseMeta().getObjectId());

// Save the maxdate connection link...

if (transMeta.getMaxDateConnection()!=null) repository.insertStepDatabase(transMeta.getObjectId(), null, transMeta.getMaxDateConnection().getObjectId());

-Thanks
    Yogesh

**********-----------------------------------------------------**************
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.kdr.delegates.KettleDatabaseRepositoryConnectionDelegate.getOneRow(KettleDatabaseRepositoryConnectionDelegate.java:1647)
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.kdr.KettleDatabaseRepository.getStepDatabase(KettleDatabaseRepository.java:892)
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.kdr.KettleDatabaseRepository.insertStepDatabase(KettleDatabaseRepository.java:548)
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.kdr.delegates.KettleDatabaseRepositoryTransDelegate.insertTransformation(KettleDatabaseRepositoryTransDelegate.java:1119)
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.kdr.delegates.KettleDatabaseRepositoryTransDelegate.saveTransformation(KettleDatabaseRepositoryTransDelegate.java:227)
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.kdr.KettleDatabaseRepository.save(KettleDatabaseRepository.java:328)
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.kdr.KettleDatabaseRepository.save(KettleDatabaseRepository.java:309)
    at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.dialog.SaveProgressDialog$1.run(SaveProgressDialog.java:73)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)
    **********-----------------------------------------------------**************
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ysom2001@yahoo.com; 04-06-2011 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Attaching the transformation along with screen shots

Sorry my fault I did not went through the Issue list.
    It looks like the issue is resolved in 4.1.1

-Thanks
    Yogesh