Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: error executing trasformation

Default error executing trasformation

Hi,

I have a problem with a trasformation when I use the complete data base (25000 rows) instead of the esample DB
    wich have few rows (about 80).

Surely the problem is in a "Join DataBase" step.

What kind of problem is that? Is a synchronization problem? How I can solve it?

Regards.

Nico

Hi Nico,

If you want us to help you must be more explicit with the explanation. Which is the error? Do you have any row in the "Join Database" step output? Is it crashing during the execution? If you could adjust the transformation would be helpull as well.

Regards,
    Aitor

Hi Aitor,
    you have right, I have explained bad.

There isn't an error, but the trasformation end and the table output is not complete, it seems that the next steps of the join DB not receive their input field.

The join database step is in the middle of the trasformation and i want to use the output field in the next of the trasformation....

thanks

Nico

Hi,

It seems that the querie of the step is not joining with the data you have in the input. Make sure both data types are equal, try to use functions like trim to ensure that your data has not any empty space. Anyway, the fastest way to find a solution would be to upload your .ktr file.

Good luck.
    Aitor

Where/How I can upload my .ktr file?

When you reply the post, click in "Go Advanced", and then select "Manage Attachments". Clicking in "Add files" --> "Select Files" you can add any attach/upload any kind of file.

I have attached my ktr file, if you want, you can check it.

Thanks!

Nico
    Attached Files Attached Files

Which one is the "database join" step that is not giving an output? If it is the first, I can guess it could be because of the parameter substitution. If I use this kind of steps I always have to put the parameter between simple quotes, as it is shown:

SELECT propcesso.HEAT_CYCLE as heatCycle, propcesso.SNOUT3_DEW as snout3_dew, propcesso.DISTANZA_TOP as distanza_top, propcesso.PRESSIONE_TOP as pressione_top
    FROM propcesso
    WHERE propcesso.COIL = '?';

Anyway, you can always make it fail putting some aditional character like:

SELECT propcesso.HEAT_CYCLE as heatCycle, propcesso.SNOUT3_DEW as snout3_dew, propcesso.DISTANZA_TOP as distanza_top, propcesso.PRESSIONE_TOP as pressione_top
    FROM propcesso
    WHERE propcesso.COIL = '?' aaaaa;

This way you can check which one is the querie tha is being executed and try in your data origin if the query is giving any result.

Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Aitor

I think that is not a problem of parameters substitution, because the "JoinDB" step work well with a very small subset of my database.

I have tryed to use the simple quote as you say but in that way it don't work.

Thanks again Aitor!!

Any suggestion?

Regards
    nico