Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Call DB Procedure Returning 'Couldn't get rows from resultset'

Default Call DB Procedure Returning 'Couldn't get rows from resultset'

Hello all,

I have a stored procedure which I want to execute in Spoon. I read that to use Call DB Procedure requires a row generator. Could anyone explain to me how it works? The wiki is not really clear about it.

I saw an old post of Roland where he said the Call db procedure step isn't working yet (http://rpbouman.blogspot.com/2009/01...t-sets-in.html) , and he suggested to use the input table and use the call statement in it. When I do, it works.. but returns the error Couldn't get rows from resultset.

Does anyone know how to resolve this error?

Thanks in advance,
    Last edited by gvschijndel; 04-15-2011 at 06:31 AM.

It's not that I want spoon to return anything, i just want it to execute the procedure, since my procedure fills the table automatically.

At the moment I have a job with all my transformations, and I'm running it while having the hop from the transformation which executes the SP, set on continue when false.. lol

Thanks for the response though!
    Think ill just keep it like this.. Works ugly but hell, it works. The sp will never change anyways since its date dimension- filling SP.

Just get rid of the SP and use a normal transformation to fill the date dimension.