Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Adding up new datsasource in pentaho for reporting

Question Adding up new datsasource in pentaho for reporting

hi there

i need to add up a new database (mysql) in pentaho. can anyone tell me the procedure to add up a new data-source in pentaho.

as i try different online tutorials but somehow i am unable to grab my data in pentaho, for reporting.

thanks,
    saqib

To ad a new datasource into the Pentaho bi-server you have to do that in the administration-console. So start the administration console and log on to it. Then you can ad an datasource

grtz,

Johan

hi
    ya i know, that i need to add datasource through administration-console. but after that i am adding information in two files,
    tomcat/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/web.xml, tomcat/webapps/pentaho/META-INF/context.xml
    and do my restart of pentaho, but i didnt seeing my loaded database in pentaho portal http://localhost:8080/pentaho/
    where i am doing wrong, can you please guide?

thanks,
    saqib

hi

any help

thanks,
    saqib

Not sure which version you are running. We have the latest and in it, after you have the database connection defined in the admin console, you create datasources in the user console. There is a rather large icon for this on the main page.