I used the instructions in Jos and Roland's book and Prashant's excellent blog. I followed the Linux/MySQL instructions as best as possible to install Pentaho BI Server 3.6 on my Mac OS X 10.5 MBA. Works perfectly. Very stable and not dreadfully slow.

I got a new iMac that runs Snow Leopard 10.6. I moved over the directories and installed the 10.6 version of MySQL and loaded up the sample database tables.

It starts up fine but after running through a few of the Steel Wheels samples, PUC becomes non-responsive. Sometimes I get a "fetch error" popup. And sometimes the PUC just does not run the samples. The database is fine if accessed via the command line. Activity monitor indicates the org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootsrap process is looping.

The browser window is fine, the PUC just quits "running" the examples. It does not seem to be consistent as to how long it takes to hang. Sometimes it stays up for long time and sometimes it hangs the on the second or third sample run.

Does anyone have BI Server 3.6 running on Snow Leopard? Is there a trick I am missing? Any suggested diagnostics?