Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: CDE new template..

Default CDE new template..

Hi All,

I want to create one simple page report with one panel , but height and width of this panel is fixed , now what happen , I have put html tag and add the proper height and width , but after that also it always add 2 additional div and their class are respectively set as "Container" and "clearfix" !!! and in this class width is set as 900px that i don't want.

Can I create template by avoiding this class , or add something to shrink the width.

Thanks
    Pranav

Hello Lakhani_pranav,

I don't now if this help or if I understand your question, but you might want to look at how blueprint works : http://www.blueprintcss.org/

, Since CDE uses that.

Cheers !

Can you make a sketch of what you need vs what you have?
    Perhaps changing the padding values in your container can help.

Default Container class has fixed width of 950px !!!!!! , with no div id specified...

Hi ,

My question is that , whenever we creates dashboard report through CDE, We first need to create layout , In this report by default 1 <div> added as a parent <div> called container.

<div class='container'>
    </div>

Container class has fixed width of 950px !!!!!!

Whenever you add the row through layout its add the dynamic div "clearfix"

I want to modify the width of this <div> , for second one I am able do so by java-script , by getting the getlementbyid and set the custom class but for first <div> "container" class , There is no div id is specified so I can't modify the width.

My report height and width is 250 and 400 , height is set perfectly but width is not set due the above class is applied.

Is there any easy way to do so...

Or can I make a template in HTML directly and add that template in CDE (means template should not created through CDE (html) need to implement in CDE)

Thanks
    Pranav

Thanks

Default Issue resolved...

Hi All,

Issue is resolved , I handle it tricky , use the class overriding , created 2 class with same name "container" and "clearfix" in CDE layout with custom parameters, now report <div> is using this class instead of the original class.

Thanks
    Pranav