Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: MDX Valid Measure Formulae not being applied ,when levels used in the filter axis

Default MDX Valid Measure Formulae not being applied ,when levels used in the filter axis

Hi,

I have a virtual cube which has 2 cubes ,3 dimensions are shared across both the cubes and 2 are private to cube 1 .I had used the "valid measure" mdx formulae to display the measures across all the dimensions(both shared and private).But the issue is that the analyzer doesnt display the correct result set when the private dimensions are used in the filter axis(displays null(which indicated validMeasure function is not working when used in that axis)).Analyzer displays correct result set if the same dimensions are filtered and used in either of the ROW or COLUMN axis.Is this a bug or expected behaviour?
    Thanks in advance

Hello Usha,

hey Same problem here, would u mind to Share ur solution for that if at all its solved...
    Quote Originally Posted by Usha View Post
    Hi,

I have a virtual cube which has 2 cubes ,3 dimensions are shared across both the cubes and 2 are private to cube 1 .I had used the "valid measure" mdx formulae to display the measures across all the dimensions(both shared and private).But the issue is that the analyzer doesnt display the correct result set when the private dimensions are used in the filter axis(displays null(which indicated validMeasure function is not working when used in that axis)).Analyzer displays correct result set if the same dimensions are filtered and used in either of the ROW or COLUMN axis.Is this a bug or expected behaviour?
    Thanks in advance
    Thank U For Your Time
    Suresh

What version of Mondrian are you using, Suresh? This doesn't appear to be an issue in 3.6.

Thanks for Quick reply i am using 3.5.0., Pentaho 4.8.0 stable version..
    is it to Just download mondrain3.6.1.jar file from source forge and put it in D:\biserver-ce\tomcat\webapps\pentaho\WEB-INF\lib file or do i have to do anything regarding upgrade
    as i am new in this how this doesn't mind u if at all this is obvious....
    Thank U For Your Time
    Suresh

I wouldn't recommend just swapping out the mondrian jar that your Pentaho version was bundled with in production. For testing purposes, however, it may be worth grabbing the jar from http://repo.pentaho.org/artifactory/repo/pentaho/mondrian/3.5.12/,putting it into your lib folder (moving the 3.5.0 jar out) and restarting tomcat to see whether it has any impact on your ValidMeasure() issue. That can help narrow down the issue. There were some changes to ValidMeasure back in July that could have addressed the problem, and these were backported to 3.5.12.