Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: BI Server 3.9 RC 1 - Reports x MySQL Database

Default BI Server 3.9 RC 1 - Reports x MySQL Database

Friends,

I am testing the version 4 (3.9) RC1. Everything worked properly except from reports.

When trying to generate a new report with a datasource that points to a MySQL database the following error occurs:

00:28:35,755 ERROR [Logger] misc-java.lang.String: ConnectFactory.ERROR_0001 - [pt_0] Database connection could not be established to: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver jdbc:mysql://null:1521/
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:394)
    at org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.connections.sql.SQLConnection.init(SQLConnection.java:162)
    at

Very strange because the database is configured correctly and it works perfectly in deashboards, JPivot and Saiku.

Does anyone know what can be?

Thank you.

Same problem, any ideas?

I am unable to reproduce this problem ... can you give me more direction to so that we can reproduce and resolve this issue?

When you say reporting ... are you talking Interactive Reporting or Adhoc Reporting?

Since it is creating a datasource, are you creating the datasource from the new Datasource Wizard?

Thanks,
    David

A few more notes ... from the error listed, there are two interesting items ....

1. The server name is null (and that never works right)
    2. The server port is 1521 ... which if memory serves is the default port for Oracle (while 3306 is the default port for MySQL)

I've got the exact same problem.

Set up Pentaho CE.
    Samples work.
    Added JNDI Mysql Database Connection in Administration Console
    Added Datasource from Star Schema.
    Analyzer works.
    Ad hoc report designer spits that error in Tomcat: ConnectFactory.ERROR_0001 - [pt_0] Database connection could not be established to: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver jdbc:mysql://null:1521/

Thanks for the reproduction path. I am still unable to duplicate this issue. Can you please provide more information:

1. ZIP and attach the biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/admin/resources/metadata folder
    2. Attach your biserver-ce/data/hsqldb/hibernate.log file (or any reference in the file which involves the datasources table)

here's the metadata folder.

Just to be clear. It's the Report Generator inside the Pentaho User Console. (New Report button)

metadata.zip

The logs you pointed out don't say anything about the issue. It's almost like that certain module is not using the Database connection configured for that specific Data Source.

Thanks

Still cannot reproduce. Please supply click-by-click instructions for how to reproduce your problem.

Clean install.
    Administration Console -> Set up database connection
    User Console -> New Data Source -> Get data from Table -> Reporting and Analysis (Star Schema)
    User Console -> New Analysis - works
    User Console -> New Report - raises error described above

Now I see it. I've created a case: http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/BISERVER-6350. Thank you for reporting this.