Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Table Edit Component

Default Table Edit Component

Hi

sometimes I would like to give the users of the bi-server the ability to edit a database table, e.g. for entering planning data, self adjusting some configuration data etc.
    I found some tools for that ( review at
    http://www.webhostingbreak.com/development/top-10-ajax-php-powered-mysql-table-editor-viewer-data-grids )
    and was now wondering if it would be possible to have such a data grid as a plugin for the pentaho platform.
    Is there anybody else in need for such a thing ?

Regards,
    Peter

Hi,

ok, it seems I am alone with this thing ...
    FYI, I found someone who integrated the FlexiGrid into Dashboards with BI-Server 3.5 but does not maintain his solution anymore.
    Will try to include this into 3.8 ff.

Regards,
    Peter

Hi Peter,

I am looking into the same thing right now.

What solution did you end up using?

Thanks,
    James

nbaker Guest

You absolutely can create a plugin for this. http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Serv...loping+Plugins

hmm would love to, but doubt that I have the skills required.

I guess from your comment that there is nothing out there currently usable? (I looked at the flexigrid stuff mentioned above but have not got it working yet)

currently our users are editing excel files that we use for table updates with kettle.
    would still love to have a plugin for that but missing skills and time
    are blockers for implementing it by myself.

Since this thread is pretty old I wanted to ask if anything changed in this area over the last 3 years? I would use such a component too and I cannot find anything, at least for CE. I understand that Pentaho is a BI tool and its goal is to show data, not to enter it, but nevertheless, sometimes ability to edit data in the database can be quite useful.