Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rome (Frascati) 2011 Gathering - Talk Proposals

Recently I have developed a tool to better manage Pentaho dashboards (Ctools .cdfde-file), the cdfdeMgt tool. The tool is currently under beta-testing and will be released as open-source soon.

I would like to give a 15-minute presentation (including discussion) because I would like to:
    • get feedback the tool and the delivered functionality.
    • see whether it would make sense to extend this tool to other Pentaho file-types (currently it is limited to .cdfde files).

A High level summary of functionality of the cdfdeMgt tool:
    Basically it is a git-like version control system (create dashboards, commit versions, revert to last commit, etc..). However, this tool also has specific functionality to manage a series of dashboards in a synchronous way (for example if ‘department_A, department_B, … department_X then the tool can detect very specifically your updates to department_A dashboard (at the level of individual dashboard parameters) and apply these changes to the other dashboards too.).

Best regards,
    Cees van Kemenade.

Hi, we have been working on the FusionCharts plugin (http://code.google.com/p/pentaho-fc-plugin/) that allows integration Flash charts on the Pentaho dashboards. The plugin has already been released as an open source project.

If you consider it interesting and there is enough time, I'd like to provide a quick presentation on this showing how it can be used and the type of end results you can achieve, 10-15min is enough.

Regards,
    Ricardo Pires

dmoran Guest

Rplp - I'm putting you down for 15 mins

dmoran Guest

cvkemenade - Sounds great, I'll put you down for 15 mins!

dmoran Guest

Roland - how about a quick update of all the Roland projects? We can see the time for data vault or maybe do it as a community webex?

dmoran Guest

JavaScript-GUI blog posting sounds great and maybe a quick reporting update/roadmap

dmoran Guest

scheduling paul and tom for a saiku update.

dmoran Guest

Looking forward to the Kettle Train controller for a year and a half - bring your choo-choo...

dmoran Guest

although a "what sucks" talk is fun and easy, i'd like to change it to a "What sucks and how I intend to make it better" - I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of signups for that topic.

dmoran Guest

Bart - which ever topic you want is fine - I always like the BIRT updates