Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rome (Frascati) 2011 Gathering - Discussions around Event Details & Organization

Default Rome (Frascati) 2011 Gathering - Discussions around Event Details & Organization

This space is for discussions about the event details and organization (in case it is not already discussed on Twitter)...

The collected information (somehow up to date until the event) is over here on the wiki:
    http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/COM/...ascati%29+2011

CU in Rome,
    Jens

Jens - when do you expect we'll have a venue announced? this week? I guess there must be somewhere in mind given Frascati is now mentioned?

Jan is taking care of it - he will announce asap.
    Cheers,
    Jens

Default Venue planning

Hi all,

The week of August 10th (while I was admiring the riots in the UK) I was asked to pick this up. I send out some requests to hotels in the week of August 15th, which is however THE holiday week in Italy. This week answers came through. Yesterday I visited the different places. I've opted for Hotel Vila Flora (www.hotel-flora.it) because it's shortest to the train station/center. I expect the paperwork today/tomorrow to round this up, but I think we can assume this will be the location.

I'll add some details about hotels to the wiki today or tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Jan

Default Lunch

While Villa Flora is straight in the center and there is no problem in going out for a pizza, we might want to enjoy the great atmosphere of this villa by having lunch there. I could negotiate probably a lunch buffet at 25€ or so if there's a minimum of participants. Any one interested?

Hi Jan,

this looks great! I checked the availability of rooms: booked out already, so any hotel recommendations on the Wiki in the surroundings would be helpful.

And for the lunch: I think it would be good to stay there so we will keep together as a group and can continue discussions :-)

Thanks for organizing,
    Jens

i'm happy with the buffet idea!
    b.t.w. re: hotels I think the pinnochio (sp?) where i'm staying still has some rooms - it did on sunday anyway!

Regarding the lunch idea. I've asked the hotel to come up with a proposal. They can offer a buffet with a series of different Italian/local tastes the we can enjoy in the garden of the villa (if time permits). The buffet proposal looks as follows:

Starters:
    - Scaglie di pecorino Brunelli
    - Ricotta morbida
    - Salame Corallina e prosciutto I.G.T. di Norcia
    - Quiche con verdure di stagione
    - Focaccia non lievitata con indivia e olive di Gaeta
    - Insalata di misticanza con arista, emulsione ai fichi e caprino

Il tutto accompagnato da bottoncini e pizza bianca cotta a legna

Primi piatti. Choice between (you can pick one only, but I'm going to negotiate on that part!)
    - Fusilloni alla norcina siciliana croccante
    - Mezze maniche con julienne di verdure fresche e uovo speziato
    - Calamarata con pesto rosso di mandorle e dadini di melanzane al profumo di menta

Dessert:
    - Crostata artigianale cioccolato bianco e basilico

Drinks:
    - Vini Locali
    - Acqua minerale di Nepi
    - Acqua liscia San Benedetto
    - Caffè

Cost per person: 25,00 €.

Disadvantage: I would probably need at least 25 participants for this, (they ask 30 but I guess they'll go down a bit) confirmed before the 16th of September. That would mean I need 25 confirmations before that date.

Advantage: we get to enjoy the villa, don't need to go out for lunch (which took quite some time last year) and stay on schedule (equals = more time to go out in the evening), you get a nice taste of Italian cuisine.

If you are interested, please send me (jaertsen@pentaho.com) a mail with in the titel: PCM11 lunch buffet.
    If I don't have enough persons who are interested, we'll just call it off and figure out something else by that day.

While I'm at it, I'm also checking out places for dinner. This seems a nice spot: http://www.belvedere1933.com, and I'm gonna dig a bit further. If any one (maybe some local Italian Pentaho users might want to pitch in?) has other proposals, I'm all ears.

Hi Jan,

unfortunately as you know I'm from Milan and I'm too far from Rome but I will ask to a kind friend of mine that lives in Rome. I will let you know (or he will do that because he is a Pentaho user too)

S.
    Follow Me on Twitter: sramazzina
    My Skype account: sramazzina
    My Blog
    View my profile on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/sramazzina
    Author of Pentaho Data Integration Kitchen How-To and Pentaho Business Analytics Cookbook

Join us on IRC server Freenode.net, channel ##pentaho ##saiku