Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Metadata Editor Error importing XMI file

Default Metadata Editor Error importing XMI file

Hi,

When I try to import an XMI that worked earlier , I get this exception below .
    I tried deleting all existing local domains and importing the XMI from SVN (I know this works on other machines) but still the same error.
    Can I recover the XMI? Is there a local version somewhere that I can delete to get rid of the error. Unfortunately I don't have the recovery xmi files that I can try to import.

CWM.ERROR_0001 - Unable to initialize the Pentaho Metadata System.
    java.lang.RuntimeException: CWM.ERROR_0001 - Unable to initialize the Pentaho Metadata System.
    Caused by: org.netbeans.api.mdr.CreationFailedException: Cannot instantiate package because of unexpected exception: org.netbeans.mdr.util.DebugException: Storage exception: Record with key 0965DE56-710C-11E0-AD65-8ACF9F31AA77:00000000006590F1 already exists

vote up! same here!
    Regards,
    Madhu

Same problem! Any solutions how to clear the storage and get the metadata editor to work properly again?

there is some sort of xmi cache, which you must clear on your local machine. I can't remember where it is, probably under .pentaho somewhere. Delete it and all will be well.
    When this cache gets knackered ( as it does from time to time ) thats the only solution, so wise you kept copies of the xmi in svn!

Thanks! I delete the mdr.btd and mdr.btr in metadata-editor folder, and now everything seems to work fine!