Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Mondrian Input Step: changing schema features

Default Mondrian Input Step: changing schema features

Hi,
    I'm using the mentioned step to retrieve data from a mysql db, using some mdx. Everything run smooth, but if I change something in the .xml schema definition (say adding a new dimension or a new measure) I cannot use this updated items in the mdx query, unless I restart Spoon.

I also tried, uselessly, to reload the schema definition using the dialog to browse the filesystem.

Am I missing something stupid?
    TIA
    Andrea Torre
    twitter: @andtorg

join the community on ##pentaho - a freenode irc channel

I think that Kettle lacks a feature such as "Clear Mondrian cache" or something. As far as I know, there is now other way to refresh the definitions except restarting Spoon; at least that works for me too.

Thanks for sharing your views Maria. I was thinking about saving the schema with another name and force reloading and re-parsing of xml definition. Just to avoid restarting spoon endlessly during development. Tomorrow I will give it a try.

BTW, I noticed that this step is quite insensitive to format_string, at least with a calculated member. Not a major issue, indeed, as a select values is an easy workaround. Did you experience it as well?
    Andrea Torre
    twitter: @andtorg

join the community on ##pentaho - a freenode irc channel