Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Pentaho Community Gathering

Default 2012 Pentaho Community Gathering

It's been an honor to organize PCM11 in Rome and I had great fun doing so. There were 2 downsides to the organization part which I would like to list out, so we can improve next year.

• The first is/was that I was faced with picking up PCM organization in a location that I'm not living in and that I only know because some family lives nearby. As such I had a somewhat limited choice of options.
    • Secondly I was asked to pick up the organization fairly late, making it even more of a challenge.

To avoid a similar situation for next PCM organizers, I would suggest that the locations we put up for vote, are only based on location proposals backed up by some one who is willing to take care of the organization.

I suggest we use this thread to capture any proposals and do the usual voting somewhere around february/march.

So, my suggestion is that, anyone who's willing to take up PCM12 in a location they know well enough, post their proposals over here in the coming months.

Wink

What about an american location for PCM12?

It's been said before, there is plenty of scope for both an American AND a European meet.. There's no reason why there can't be both!

YOU ROCK, JAN! \o/
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

Indeed you do Jan - great organisation, and top location in the end - i know just how hard these things are!

Hi All,

Hoping to attend an event this year...

U.S. based locations:

Easiest:
    New York
    San Francisco
    Both have good public transportation and easy airport access

Alternate:
    Atlanta (can be hot in the summer though)

Those would be my picks.

Hope to see you this year,

David

Perhaps there should be 2 threads. One for a possible USA meetup this year, and one for the European meetup ( which will happen regardless of any USA meet I assume? )

As for the Europe meet, i'm in Just let me know when and where...

The Dutch crew will be happy to host #PCM12 in Amsterdam this year, and if there's a US meetup in NY I seriously consider attending ;-)

Hello All,

My name is Francisco Figueroa of SOLINFTEL Company Pentaho partner. I invite you to Pentaho Community Gathering 2012 is in South America, in CHILE. We can help with the organization and support of some companies. I find it very interesting initiative.

Please letme feedback.

jvdongen...Amsterdam has my vote ;-)