Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Public folders for dashboards

Default Public folders for dashboards

Hi. I've been bothering pmalves to give us a hint on how to make public folder to show dashboards without the need of login in in Pentaho. I solved this once using an "invisible login" using some javascript, but now I need to solve it in a cleaner way.
    Pedro told me to look on the spring security files, so I did so and figured out some things, but I still have some doubts.

Followed some of the suggestions in http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Serv...onymous+Access

Also had to enable the security logging as instructed in http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Serv...ging+2.x-3.0.x

I still don't fully understand how the pentaho-solutions/system/applicationContext-spring-security.xml file works, but what I did works for me:
    First you have to find these lines
    Code:
    \A/getresource.*\Z=Anonymous,Authenticated
    \A/admin.*\Z=Admin
    and in between ad some lines so it reads like
    Code:
    \A/content/pentaho-cdf.*solution.publicsolutionname.*path.*public.*\Z=Anonymous,Authenticated
    \A/content/pentaho-cdf.*.js.*\Z=Anonymous,Authenticated
    \A/content/pentaho-cdf.*.resources.*\Z=Anonymous,Authenticated
    \A/content/pentaho-cdf.*.resource.*\Z=Anonymous,Authenticated
    \A/content/cda/doquery.*\Z=Anonymous,Authenticated
    \A/viewaction.*solution.publicsolutionname.*path.*public.*\Z=Anonymous,Authenticated
    \A/admin.*\Z=Admin
    I have the feeling that I'm missing something or that my adjustments can be improved.
    Is it safe to to include the pentaho-cdf* js and resources the way I did? the same question for the cda/doquery...
    Is there a better way of enabling dashboards for a public view?
    I'll be thankful of any comment that helps to lighten up a bit on this.

Best regards,
    José Ignacio Santa Cruz G.

Thats basically it, and if you want finer control, you can add a specific solution to those regexps
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

The solution works for me. Remember to give the right share properties to the wcdf file and the folder.

Hello community,

I have a folder publicdemo where I have my dashboards (dashboard_1, dashboard_2,etc...). How to make public the dashboard ? I try and try, but without success...

Thank you so much for your help.

Edward

Keep trying and trying

Comment 1 gave indications on how to do it. Putting acegi security logs to DEBUG in log4j helps a lot too
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

Hey pmalves. Thank you for your support ^^
    I will try and try again !

SOOOOOOOo I DID IT

For help:

\A/content/pentaho-cdf.*solution.publicsolutionname.*path.*public.*\Z=Anonymous,Authenticated
    \A/content/pentaho-cdf.*.js.*\Z=Anonymous,Authenticated
    \A/content/pentaho-cdf.*.resources.*\Z=Anonymous,Authenticated
    \A/content/pentaho-cdf.*.resource.*\Z=Anonymous,Authenticated
    \A/content/cda/doquery.*\Z=Anonymous,Authenticated
    \A/viewaction.*solution.publicsolutionname.*path.*public.*\Z=Anonymous,Authenticated
    \A/admin.*\Z=Admin

Where:

publicsolutionname = the name of your solution, you can see it in url: pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf-dd/Render?solution=publicsolutionname&path=dashboard_1_public&file=test.wcdf

*path.*public = the path of your dashboard in your solution. So it's a subfolder of your folder publicsolutioname. In this case, "*public" is a regex, so your accept every path which finish by "public". But you can write something like: "*path.my_subfolder" or "*path.dashboard_1_public".

Beware - your solution will also allow public access to:
    pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf-dd/Render?solution=publicsolutionname&path=dashboard_1_not-for-public&file=test.wcdf

Quote Originally Posted by gutlez View Post
    Beware - your solution will also allow public access to:
    pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf-dd/Render?solution=publicsolutionname&path=dashboard_1_not-for-public&file=test.wcdf
    but the access to the files contained in dashboard_1_not-for-public (i.e. test1.wcdf) depends on the specific permissions you have set for each of them

Quote Originally Posted by mattepara View Post
    but the access to the files contained in dashboard_1_not-for-public (i.e. test1.wcdf) depends on the specific permissions you have set for each of them
    Don't be so sure.
    The ACL specifically allows anything matching the RegEx to Anonymous.
    **THIS IS A SIGNATURE - IT GETS POSTED ON (ALMOST) EVERY POST**
    I'm no expert.
    Take my comments at your own risk.

PDI user since PDI 3.1
    PDI on Windows 7 & Linux

Please keep in mind (and this may not apply to this thread):
    No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.
    Signature Updated: 2014-06-30

Does the above method still works in Pentaho 5.0 CE ??

Quote Originally Posted by dataguy12 View Post
    Does the above method still works in Pentaho 5.0 CE ??
    I highly doubt it - no "remove security" method from v4 works on v5... and I'm still struggling to remove security on v5... no solution presented so far (no even this one) worked for me =(
    Join us on IRC! =)

Twitter / Google+ / Timezone: BRT-BRST
    BI Server & PDI 5.4 / MS SQL 2012 / Learning CDE & CTools
    Windows 8 64-bit / Java 7 (jdk1.8.0_75)

Quote Originally Posted by gutlez
    PLEASE NOTE: No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.

I'm no expert.Take my comments at your own risk.

hi I have all the setting defined in the pentaho.xml and application-spring security file as you have put. But my cda cannot be accessed by anonymous role though it works when I pass via url for authenticated role.
    Surprising everything was working perfectly and all of a sudden it stopped working on our production for anonymous role.
    Any help is much appreciated !! I am desperate ...

Hi, is anyone have a clue how to make this work on Pentaho 6 CE?
    Everything is working OK except cda/doquery which throws 501 error everytime.
    PDI 5.3.0.0-213
    Win7 x64

Hi. I am trying to make it work on Pentaho 8.0 but wasn't successful. I tried CDA only by adding this to applicationContext-spring-security.xml:

<sec:intercept-url pattern="\A/plugin/cda/api/doquery.*\Z" access="Anonymous,Authenticated" />

Any hint on this?

Thx