Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Unable to display characters with accent on pdf view

Default Unable to display characters with accent on pdf view

Hi,

I work with PRD (pentaho report designer) for designing my reports. My Pentaho BI server is deployed on a linux host. When i preview the reports with a pdf viewer, all the accentuated characters aren't display. However under html view, they are displayed. How could i fixe it Thank you

B@@yf@ll.

From the menu bar: File - Configuration. Then in the Edit Report Configuration window, click output-pageable-pdf, check encoding (right side of the window) and write ISO-8859-1 instead of Cp1252.
    This worked for me in PRD 3.8.0-GA.
    Bye

Hi,

Thanks for your solution. I'm under PRD 3.6 and the problem can be resolved by setting in the file classic-engine.properties (located in WEB-INF/classes) "org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.modules.output.pageable.pdf.Encoding" = ISO-8859-1. Another way to do the same thing, but for all furure reports.

B@@yf@ll

Hi..
    I want to show special characters and using ISO-8859-1, but at the same time I am not able to show multi-lingual data in the report.
    I want both UTF-8 and
    ISO-8859-1 in pdf rendering. Is it possible any way.?

Quote Originally Posted by vismaypatel30 View Post
    Hi..
    I want to show special characters and using ISO-8859-1, but at the same time I am not able to show multi-lingual data in the report.
    I want both UTF-8 and
    ISO-8859-1 in pdf rendering. Is it possible any way.?

Have you tried this tip from another thread?

[SOLVED]

I made these changes:

substitute these lines

org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.modules.output.table.html.Encoding=UTF-8
    org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.modules.output.pageable.pdf.Encoding=UTF-8

with these

org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.modules.output.table.html.Encoding=ISO-8859-1
    org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.modules.output.pageable.pdf.Encoding=ISO-8859-1

in this file:

/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/classes/classic-engine.properties