Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Delete Environment variable

Default Delete Environment variable

Hi there,

i have a problem with my environment variables.

I want to delete ModuloAkt and ModuloAnz (I mark them and press delete)
    By they appear when i start the dialog again.

I thought they are stored in kettle.properties. But i only find the other variables in this file.

So where are they stored and how can i delete them?
    I use the same variables as parameters and my jobs/transformations get confused now.

THX...
    Barni
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think Spoon finds them in your transformation or job somewhere.

I know this is really old and probably dead; but just for the record... I've just upgraded from 5.2 to 5.4 PDI.
    I can start PDI clean, select Create New Job, and click start...
    and shazaam, without having set on variable, or loaded a property from a file, magically PDI "knows about" some 27 variable names that were previously loaded from an old job.
    There are only 3 that I can account for having been read in from kettle.properties. The other 24 are not on the job because the job is a blank canvass and there are no transforms associated with it.

So the point is, somehow, magically, PDI remembers environment variables. And more importantly I can go into set environment variables and delete them, save the job, and press start; and shazaam, they are all back again.

So I think 'Barni' had a potentially valid point. And here we sit 4 years later and the issue persists. It is after all a valid question - how do I get rid of environment variables I no longer want but that PDI insists are there?