Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Logging - doesnt mention trans name any more?

Default Logging - doesnt mention trans name any more?

Hi,

Is it my imagination or has this changed? The logging no longer refers to the transformation name.

This is a real pain, because unless you know your transforms and jobs well you either have to query the repository to find the step name, or just browse the job until you find it...

So did I imagine that it used to include the transform name?

Thanks!
    Dan

It could be that this changed a bit in the last 2 years or so. That being said... please tell me you're not throwing it all in one large log file. I personally log all jobs and transformations to a database table.

We use database logging on the job, and then get an email when the jobs fail with the content from the clob output field. We dont have transformation logging enabled - but the job logging shows us the ERROR from the transformation, e.g. if it's a DB error etc. But that message just says the step name and not much else. Because these are PRD jobs we dont have detailed logging on, so the log doesnt show a trace where it started job x and loaded transformation y etc.

Well, I would still enable transformation logging but to your point: if you could file a JIRA case with a simple sample we'll get it fixed. :-)