Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: metadata query goes into a loop

Default metadata query goes into a loop

Hi,

The metadata query is somehow going into a big un-necessary path, since i have connected a same dimension with multiple facts. I searched a bit to find the solution for this:
    Answers/options i found as a result of my search

1. Use aliases of the dimension tables (one each for a given fact table) - In this case, It simply means I cannot link multiple facts which lead to option2
    2. Do not use models involving multiple facts
    3.A good blog by diethard steiner suggested an option for joining multiple facts. But I don't see dimensions in this picture :'(

So do I conclude that using multiple facts inside a business model is always going to create problems? Or any help on how to connect facts with Coformed dimensions in a model?
    Last edited by madhupenta; 11-01-2011 at 09:21 AM.
    Regards,
    Madhu

Hi I am still not sure how confirmed dimensions and a couple of facts can be modeled in one single business model!! I keep getting unwanted paths generated (I.e if a hit a query with dim1, dim2 and fact1 , it goes through dim1,dim2->fact2,fact2->dim3,dim3->fact1 where dim2 is already connected to fact 1!!!!!!!
    Regards,
    Madhu

Ok, turns out that again, I found the answer to my own query with some jira mining!!

I can see the forum giants scolding me in their mind "Ah, this guy again, he doesn't search, but comes and posts questions which have been answered!!"

for those interested in the answer, chk out will gorman's quick fix here:
    http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/BISERVER-6527
    Regards,
    Madhu