Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: tricky sql query in a xaction

Default tricky sql query in a xaction

Hi there!!

I have the following question in one of my xaction files to fill a combo with the available options:

SELECT TBESPECIALIDAD.ID_GEN_SUBESPEC AS "ID_SUB", TBESPECIALIDAD.DESC_SUBESPEC AS "DESC_SUB"
    FROM TBESPECIALIDAD
    WHERE TBESPECIALIDAD.ID_GEN_ESPEC!=0
    AND TBESPECIALIDAD.ID_GEN_ESPEC ={PREPARE:especialidad}
    UNION
    SELECT 1 AS "ID_SUB", 'TODAS' AS "DESC_SUB" FROM DUAL

I have changed it to add the 'union select... from dual' part of it.

Prior to that change, the xaction file worked beautifuly and I got my reports. From the moment I added the UNION section, if I choose 'TODAS' in the combo I get the following error:

[es_161] Error: SecureFilterComponent.ERROR_0001 - "[es_0] 1" is not a valid selection for "subespecialidad" for this user (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.builtin.SecureFilterComponent)[es_116] Debug: [es_21] Starting execute of testing/Reports/exp_rellevants.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_30] Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_33] Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_34] audit: instanceId=bef0a01b-0562-11e1-a7ae-692df59a6a06, objectId=org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_161] Error: SecureFilterComponent.ERROR_0001 - "[es_0] 1" is not a valid selection for "subespecialidad" for this user (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.builtin.SecureFilterComponent)
    [es_161] Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - [es_33] ActionDefinition for SecureFilterComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_161] Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - [es_27] Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)

While choosing one of the options from the original SQL query it still works fine.

Does anybody know what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

gmoran Guest

The SecureFilterComponent is named as such because it will not allow values for a prompt outside of the defined set described in the action sequence which it was directed to validate against. The error you are getting looks like the validation data set does not match the selection dataset. I haven't looked a the SecureFilterComponent design UI in a while, so I can't remember exactly what the validation definition is named, but hopefully you get my drift. Double check that the validation data matches the selection data.