Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Resuming a Job

Default Resuming a Job

Hi,

Is there any plan to support the ability to resume jobs from where they failed?

i.e. you find a job log entry, you can see it got to say the 5th step in the job and that failed, then it bombed. It would be cool to be able to resume the transform from that point onwards..

We're going to implement this anyway by tracking progress in a table and using some conditions in the job, but it'd be cool if it could be done automatically!

Now im sure it's not simple - especially in the case of parallel jobs, and it could cause people to get in a mess etc, with partially completed transforms, but it could come with relevant health warnings!

Rgds,
    Dan

As you can see in 4.2 we do indeed have basic support for this and thoughts about how we could advance it further by keeping the results around of a previous execution of all the job entries.
    My biggest worry with the whole thing is that you can seriously ruin a persons day if even the slightest setting wasn't set correctly. I don't know if I'm such a big fan of these sorts of "automatic" features.

how do you do it in 4.2 then? i've not noticed it in the interface of spoon. Is there any way to resume a job when running from kitchen?