Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Trouble with CBF

Default Trouble with CBF

Hi,

I am doing my first steps with CBF and am not able to get it work :-(
    Maybe you can help me :

I get this error :
    /home/pentaho/work/cbf/build.xml:291: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /home/pentaho/work/cbf/target-build/bi-platform-assembly/build-res/assembly_shared.xml:19: !!! Blacklisted class javax.servlet.Servlet found in a retrieved jar . Assembly cannot proceed !!!
    While browsing assembly_shared.xml I found that Ivy got somthing the build does not like (?)

How do I solve it ?
    Manipulate Ivy or assemby_shared.xml ???

Thanks a lot ,
    Peter

Hi,

nobody seems to be using CBF, right ? Is there anyone out there who is able to help me get it running ?

I installed my own ant/ivy instead of the debian packages and the previous error disappeared.
    I tried several tomcat installations and other errors vanished.
    I installed ecclipse regarding hints given in some other posts.
    I installed a clean virtual machine with debian to try another surrounding.
    I tried pentaho sources from 3.6-4.10

Now I am stuck again with it - while compiling javac throws an "cannot find symbol" error, see below.

[javac] /home/pentaho/work/cbf/target-build/bi-platform-plugin-services/metadata/src/org/pentaho/platform/plugin/services/metadata/MetadataDomainRepository.java:451: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol : class LocalizationUtil [javac] location: class org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.metadata.MetadataDomainRepository
    [javac] LocalizationUtil localizationUtil = new LocalizationUtil();
    [javac]
    [javac] /home/pentaho/work/cbf/target-build/bi-platform-plugin-services/metadata/src/org/pentaho/platform/plugin/services/metadata/MetadataDomainRepository.java:451: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol : class LocalizationUtil
    [javac] location: class org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.metadata.MetadataDomainRepository [javac] LocalizationUtil localizationUtil = new LocalizationUtil();
    Any ideas ? I am no java developer and new to ant etc. so I have no idea where to start analyzing ?
    What am I doing wrong ???

Thanks,
    Peter

Default Solution in CBF

I ran into your problem and it was solved by making sure the

Code:
    project.revision=3.10.0-stable
    Is in your build.properties file usually located at ./cbf/project-client/config/build.properties

The svn tag for all Pentaho CE builds is 'blah-stable". The -GA stuff you see is something for their EE builds, or so I've been told.

Code:
    svn co http://source.pentaho.org/svnroot/bi-platform-v2/tags/3.10.0-stable/
    The above is what I used in my ./cbf directory, and later pointed the build.properties file to it.

Code:
    ######################################
    ## PROJECT DIRECTORIES - The defaults usually work fine
    ######################################
    pentaho.dir = 3.10.0-stable/

pentaho.build.dir = target-build/
    If you've started with that CBF Quickstart file, you'll want to ditch the copy of web.xml that was provided and use the one from the svn download of the 3.10.0-stable. It is located in:
    Code:
    /cbf/3.10.0-stable/bi-platform-appserver/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/web.xml
    and must be placed in:
    Code:
    cbf/project-client/patches/target-dist/server/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF
    Notice how the patches directory mirrors the final output directory where the build server files will be copied. Your custom web.xml will be copied on top of any existing web.xml file in the same path.

The ./cbf/project-client/solution directory is where all the sample content is put.
    Later when you install ctools for making dashboards and all from downloading and running it as follows from your ./cbf directory

Code:
    git clone git://github.com/pmalves/ctools-installer.git
    You'll now have a directory called ./cbf/ctools-installer where you can run the final command here:

Code:
    [bjackson@localhost cbf]$ cd ctools-installer/
    [bjackson@localhost ctools-installer]$ ls
    ctools-installer.sh  README.txt
    [bjackson@localhost ctools-installer]$ ./ctools-installer.sh -s ../project-client/solution -w ../target-dist/server/webapps/pentaho -b dev
    To run the server, you'll type this

Code:
    ant -Dproject=client run
    It will run the server from the target-dist directory, using the solution directory ./cbf/project-client/solution
    You will probably have to define connections to your MySQL database or whatever in the following file, which may need to be created.

/cbf/target-dist/server/webapps/pentaho/META-INF/context.xml that contains something like this:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <Context docbase="webapps/pentaho/" path="/pentaho" reloadable="true">
        <Resource auth="Container" driverClassName="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver" factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory" maxActive="20" maxIdle="5" maxWait="10000" name="jdbc/Hibernate" password="password" type="javax.sql.DataSource" url="jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/hibernate" username="hibuser" validationQuery="select count(*) from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.SYSTEM_SEQUENCES"/>

<Resource auth="Container" driverClassName="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver" factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory" maxActive="20" maxIdle="5" maxWait="10000" name="jdbc/Quartz" password="password" type="javax.sql.DataSource" url="jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/quartz" username="pentaho_user" validationQuery="select count(*) from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.SYSTEM_SEQUENCES"/>
    </Context>
    Naturally replace drivername, url, password etc.

To get your custom changes to go in place every time you do an 'ant -Dproject=client all' command, the context.xml file edited to your liking needs to go here:

Code:
    project-client/patches/target-dist/server/webapps/pentaho/META-INF/context.xml

Enjoy and good luck.

Great explanation! And btw, there's tons of people using CBF. Also look at http://cbf.webdetails.org
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

Default Same Ugly Message and cannot build

I'm getting the same ugly message
    Code:
    D:\Development\Carval\Java\Pentaho\CBF\target-build\bi-platform-assembly\build-res\assembly_shared.xml:19: !!! Blacklisted class javax.servlet.Servlet found in a retrieved jar.  Assembly cannot proceed !!!
    And I followed the same steps as Smoodo says. Thanks in advance for your help.

Ok, I fixed, it was caused because on mi USER_PROFILE/.ant/lib dir exits a servlet-api jars and the available task checks for the class including the ant classpath jars, there is a parameter ignoresystemclasses that changes this behaviour.

Many thanks to smoodo - the "project.revision" variable was the last missing link !