Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Parameterised regex in data validator

Default Parameterised regex in data validator

Hi,

I am trying to pass the regex(used in data validator step) for data validation from a variable in the properties file. But seems that does not read it properly!! is there a workaround to pass regex as a variable in data validator???
    Regards,
    Madhu

im bumping on this because i need to think of alternatives, if I cant do it in a data validator! something like a regex step, where I can select substitute parameters? Is this what I should do? Can't data validator handle regexes coming through variables? Then why was the variable substitution option given at all? :P
    Regards,
    Madhu

If you think you have found a bug file a bug report with a simple reproduction case, for example by creating a named parameter in a small transformation, a Data Grid step and a data validator step.
    It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

It's simple: if you don't want to do this work, I'm not inclined to look at it :-)

Hi Matt,

Thanks a lot, first of all i needed to confirm if it was a known issue or a bug, always ready to file it sir!

http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-7013
    Last edited by madhupenta; 11-11-2011 at 11:20 AM.
    Regards,
    Madhu

Hi,
    Is anyone kind enough now to give me some suggestions? should I go and use regex step here? I am evaluating around 50 columns with regex in data validator!
    Regards,
    Madhu