Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Subscribe to scheduled reports which execute based on triggers

Default Subscribe to scheduled reports which execute based on triggers

Hi,

I am trying to run trigger based reports in pentaho(need my reports to execute after the DWH load is complete) through xactions: Few possibilites are:

Run xactions based on some triggers. I am not clear about this, can an xaction in PUC be called from outside (like through an external scheduler)

Trigger th report execution frm PDI. This would work, but i want the users to subscribe to these reports and view their execution from PUC. Is this possible??

I can even handle bursting of these report, but subscription to these reports is the important thing, along with triggers!! or can I schedule it to conditional cron expressions, where the report runs only after certain flag becomes true for the day?
    Regards,
    Madhu

Madhu

I'v implemented such a system. It was discussed and described in this post : http://forums.pentaho.com/showthread...ending-reports

Thanks carter,

First of all, Read the post and gave me a lot of insight.. good work done there.. but what I am looking for here is a bit different.. i want users to view subscribed schedules from user console only,(not thro emails/ftp) if it had executed! I thought of having XACTIONS which would call PDI jobs which are polling over the DWH, and do a normal time schedule of these xactions! But not sure if thats the cleanest approach I could get
    Regards,
    Madhu